Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Final Blog Assighnment

1) -Blogs, I found them everywhere once I looked for them, prior to this class I never took the time or had the interest to read blog posts. Blogging definitely opened up a new perspective of the internet.
-Google, prior to this class I used a basic yahoo email account, never thinking of the applications google had to offer. I'm glad I now have the experience.
-Picasa, as much as I like to take pictures I can really see myself getting to know this software better and using it often.
-Podcast,Video cast, and Youtube. I love to youtube, whether its comedians or just random videos to make me laugh, now if I'm ever lucky enough top catch something funny on tape I have the ability to share it with the world.
-Google Earth, fantastic technology, I definitely plan on using this more inside and out the class room.
-Technological literacy, I never claimed to be...but now I can hopefully build on the skills I've learned in EDM class and provide insight to others who can also benefit.
-Future of schools, I think this is the most important topic of the EDM class, I realized this class is here for me to help myself in order to help my students learn necessary skills.

2)Things I'd like to have learned in this class? Well, this class far surpassed any of my expectations, if I had one choice to change something it would only be to add more focus on the big projects and have less tedious assignments.

3)Things I learned that I wish I had Not? This really doesn't apply to me, if anything should be not useful to me, its all the book marking software I had to download. But maybe I will find a reason to use it later.

4)Did the class excite me in anyway? Yes, the class was filled with interesting activities where I learn a lot of new information.

5)Did I find anything in class to be particularly "intellectually challenging"? Not really, mostly everything was interesting but not so much challenging. If there was a challenging part of the course it would be the patients you would have to have to follow videos and instruction, sometimes they were extremely time consuming.

6)were you bored in this class at anytime? Bored maybe..Frustrated definitely, the time we spent in class was not constructive enough, the class time could have been more productive if there were specific tasks assigned.

7)Would I change this class in anyway? Yes (see answer to #6)

8)Am I technologically literate at the moment? Moderately speaking, yes.

9)How will I maintain or improve my technological literacy? I plan on taking several of the tools I've learned and continue to build as a teacher with them, to name a few: blogging, skyping, google applications, and creating podcasts.

3 comments:

  1. I agree. Before this class I had heard of blogging but I never participated in it. I'm happy to have found out more about it though, I will be using this in my future classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your honest reflection Kenny. I think its true for most people that there are some things they like and some they don't. That is one of the reasons it is important for us to cover so many different things in EDM310. I'm glad you learned about some things here and I wish you the best. SS

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Future of schools, I think this is the most important topic of the EDM class..." Certainly one major theme!

    Independent learning was hard for many students to get acquainted to, much less master!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete